Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/carlosgi/public_html/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 663
Carlos Gila, a frequent lecturer, is widely recognized as one of the leading Spanish financial and operational crisis management professionals. He is a hands-on expert in turnarounds and workouts, with extensive experience in bankruptcy reorganization, the restructuring of troubled businesses, and acquisitions and divestures.
Mr Gila began his professional career as a strategic management consultant at Andersen Consulting; prior to joining Oaktree in 2010, he established and led Gila & Co. to become the ground-breaking turnaround firm in Spain for over a decade. He sits on the boards of directors of several organizations, chairing audit and governance committees.
Mr Gila holds a B.B.A. in Finance from the University of San Francisco, a Law degree from Universidad Europea´s School of Law, and graduated from Harvard Business School´s OPM program. He has been the recipient of the Turnaround Management Association´s “International Turnaround of the Year” Award.
During his professional career, Carlos has successfuly lead Companies and Organizations facing, at times, very complex challenges
- Executive Vice Chairman, La Seda de Barcelona.
- Board Director, Ebro Puleva.
- Board Director, CEOE.
- President and CEO, Aceites Coosur.
- Founding member and President, Turnaround Management Association, Spain.
- Founding member and President, EO (Entrepreneurs’ Organization). Madrid Chapter
- Founding member and Chapter Chairman, YPO (Young President´s Organization) Spain